Friday, March 7, 2008

Might've failed the midterm, but got an A on the practicum for Health Care in Scandinavia


Today I went to not one, but two emergency rooms.

I called my local doctor much earlier to try and get an appointment this week, but there just wasn't one. I was just going to hold out until after our three week travel break, but then on Thursday night, I think I had a seizure in my sleep and Friday morning, I was have small ticks. So I asked Sarah in the DIS office what I should do and she told me to go to the emergency room and where the nearest hospital was.

It wasn't hard to get to, I just got on the 6A bus and went down for a little while. I tried to ask the driver to announce when we got there, but he just ignored me when I got on the bus, which is weird, because most of the bus drivers are more than happy to announce it. Anyway, it turned out that they had a closed emergency room, so they sent me to another hospital, which was also down the 6A route.

I didn't bother asking the driver to announce where it was because my friend showed me on the last bus that there was a monitor which actually showed the names of the stops. The 701 in Hillerød doesn't have that. I guess downtown Copenhagen is more high-tech.

I went there and eventually, I spoke to a neurologist who told me she wanted to have some blood work done before upping my medicine or getting me a new one, so I'd have to go back to the first hospital but that they'd contact me although I might have to wait 2-3 weeks.

Oh, the wonders of a universal health care system.

No comments: