Friday, April 4, 2008

Farmer Party.

Tonight was the welcome party at Luux. I thought about going back into the city for it. I was done with class at 1 p.m. and I couldn't get my free drink until maybe 8 or 9 p.m., at the earliest.

But after an adventure to Vero Italiano, a small (cheap!) Italian restaurant in Copenhagen with Allison, I went back to Grundtvigs and found out that it was a farmer-themed dinner. No one really knew what that meant, except that dinner was moved to 7 p.m. instead of 6 p.m.

So, I put on the only button-down shirt I had, which was white but had some frills, and then a pair of jeans and boots. It was cute - they decorated and everything. Most of us dressed up for the occasion. The tables all had on red and white checkered table cloths and fruit and vegetable centerpieces. It was supposed to be kind of a tribute to rural Denmark at the turn of the century. They played Danish folk music the whole evening. It was kind of cool.

Interestingly enough, only one of the Americans, Carrie, could identify the leek sitting on the table. Molly and I were trying to figure out the English word. All the Danes knew the Danish word. Finally, Signe looked it up in a dictionary.

I must be a bad vegetarian, I need to freshen up on my vegetables, apparently.

No comments: