Sunday, April 6, 2008

Vi elsker, vi elsker FCK!

Today was the soccer/ fotbold match between FCK and Mid-Jutland.

Most of DIS got to go. If you were enrolled in Danish, you got to go automatically and if not, you could buy a ticket at the front desk. A few people got closed out because they didn't have enough tickets.

I didn't go with the rest of the kids from Grundtvigs; my Danish teacher offered to take us all with him and I didn't realize how close it was to school! But I went with Mogens and everyone in all his classes. I love Mogens. Danish late at night is worth it because he's my teacher.

We got there and Chloe and I went in immediately because we wanted to buy FCK t-shirts, but then found out they were actually outside and we couldn't get back in if we left. So we didn't get t-shirts, but the game was still a lot of fun.

FCK didn't play so well that day. It was sad. And they lost. I forget whether they even scored or not, because there were a few close calls. But Mid-Jutland won with a score of 2. But at least soccer/ fotbold is better to watch than a lot of other sports, I think. There's always something going on, even if the way your team is playing makes you want to cry. I feel like in baseball, you're waiting for that amazing home run to happen. And sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't.

In other news, Alaina and I were on a mission to get on the jumbo-screen and we succeeded. We saw the camera guy filming a bunch of kids a few rows in front of us, so we decided to hold out our cameras and see if we could get on the screen and get a picture of it. We did! It was awesome. Ours are both blurry, but hers is much better, so I'll post it when I get it from her. It was funny, because a few people I saw later told me they saw my coat on the jumbo screen, to which I responded, "You know, that's funny, because I was actually in my coat at that point in time." I never got comments like that before, but everyone here thinks my coat is really distinctive. So far it's been good, people don't lose me in crowds. Or maybe no one's tried hard enough to lose me. I hope not.

After the game, amidst the masses of people, both DIS students and Danes alike, I ran into Allison and some of her friends. I sent her a text message asking her if she wanted to get dinner. She forgot her phone, but we were on the same page and she invited me to go to the Laundromat Cafe with her, which was really cute. Kind of touristy, but cute nonetheless. It was expensive which was unfortunate, but the tomato-avocado sandwich I got was about the size of my head and really good, so I got my money's worth. And I tried actual strawberry juice. I've never seen the brand (or even much strawberry juice in general) in the United States, but it was really good.

No comments: